|Wan-Yu Lin, Ph.D.||
Institute of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, National Taiwan University
Address: Room 501, No. 17, Xu-Zhou Road, Taipei 100, Taiwan
|(A) Featured Publications (B) Collaborative Publications|
34. Lo Y-H, Lin W-Y* (2022). Cardiovascular health and four epigenetic clocks. Clinical Epigenetics (in press). (SCI, IF = 6.551, 21/176 = 12% in category: Genetics & Heredity) [Supplementary Materials]
33. Lin W-Y* (2021). Genome-wide association study for four measures of epigenetic age acceleration and two epigenetic surrogate markers using DNA methylation data from Taiwan Biobank. Human Molecular Genetics (in press). (SCI, IF = 6.150, 23/176 = 13% in category: Genetics & Heredity) [Author's Copy of the Paper]
32. Lin W-Y* (2021). Lifestyle
factors and genetic variants on two biological age measures: evidence from
94,443 Taiwan Biobank participants. Journal
of Gerontology: Medical Sciences (in press). (SSCI, IF = 6.053, 1/36 = 3% in category: Gerontology). [Author's Copy of the Paper] [Author's Copy of the Supplementary Materials] [Slides in PDF] [Slides in PPT]
31. Lin W-Y*, Wang Y-C, Teng I-H, Liu C, Lou X-Y (2021). Associations of five obesity metrics with epigenetic age acceleration: Evidence from 2,474 Taiwan Biobank participants. Obesity, 29, 1731-1738. (SCI, IF = 5.002, 24/88 = 27% in category: Nutrition & Dietetics). [Authors' Copy of the Paper] [Slides in PDF] [Slides in PPT]
30. Lin W-Y* (2021). A large-scale observational study linking various kinds of physical exercise to lipoprotein-lipid profile. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 18, Article number: 35. (11 pages). (SCI, IF = 5.159, 9/88 = 10% in category: Sport Sciences).
29. Lu C-C, Yen R-F, Peng K-Y, Huang JY, Wu K-D, Chueh JS, Lin W-Y* (2021). NP-59 Adrenal Scintigraphy as an Imaging Biomarker to Predict KCNJ5 Mutation in Primary Aldosteronism Patients. Frontiers in Endocrinology, 12, Article number: 644927. (9 pages). (SCI, IF = 5.555, 32/146 = 22% in category: Endocrinology & Metabolism).
28. Lin W-Y*, Liu Y-L, Yang AC, Tsai S-J, Kuo P-H* (2020). Active cigarette smoking is associated with an exacerbation of genetic susceptibility to diabetes. Diabetes, 69, 2819-2829. (SCI, IF = 9.461, 11/146 = 8% in category: Endocrinology & Metabolism) [Authors' Copy of the paper] [Authors' Copy of the Supplementary Materials]
27. Lin W-Y*, Lin Y-S, Chan C-C, Liu Y-L, Tsai S-J, Kuo P-H (2020). Using genetic risk score approaches to infer whether an environmental factor attenuates or exacerbates the adverse influence of a candidate gene. Frontiers in Genetics, 11, Article 331 (13 pages). (SCI, IF = 4.599, 48/176 = 27% in category: Genetics & Heredity) [Supplementary Materials] [中文簡介] [Slides for Talk at Academia Sinica] [Slides for Talk at TASM]
26. Lin W-Y*, Chan C-C, Liu Y-L, Yang AC, Tsai S-J, Kuo P-H* (2020). Sex-specific autosomal genetic effects across 26 human complex traits. Human Molecular Genetics, 29, 1218-1228. (SCI, IF = 6.150, 23/176 = 13% in category: Genetics & Heredity) [Authors' Copy of the paper] [Authors' Copy of the Supplementary Materials] [中文簡介]
25. Lin W-Y*, Huang C-C, Liu Y-L, Tsai S-J, Kuo P-H (2019). Polygenic approaches to detect gene-environment interactions when external information is unavailable. Briefings in Bioinformatics, 20: 2236-2252. (SCI, IF = 11.622, 2/58 = 3% in category: Mathematical & Computational Biology) [Software] [A poster to briefly introduce this study]
24. Lin W-Y*, Chan C-C, Liu Y-L, Yang AC, Tsai S-J, Kuo P-H* (2019). Performing
different kinds of physical exercise differentially attenuates the genetic
effects on obesity measures: evidence from 18,424 Taiwan Biobank participants. PLOS Genetics, 15(8): e1008277 (21 pages). (SCI, IF = 5.917, 27/176 = 15% in category: Genetics & Heredity) [Powerpoint of a Special Talk] [Slides for 108CSAT] [Slides for MCP 2019] [中文簡介]
23. Lin W-Y*, Huang C-C, Liu Y-L, Tsai S-J, Kuo P-H (2019). Genome-wide gene-environment interaction analysis using set-based association tests. Frontiers in Genetics, 9, Article 715 (15 pages). (SCI, IF = 4.599, 48/176 = 27% in category: Genetics & Heredity) [Software]
22. Lin W-Y*, Chen WJ, Liu C-M, Hwu H-G, McCarroll SA, Glatt SJ, Tsuang MT (2017). Adaptive combination of Bayes factors as a powerful method for the joint analysis of rare and common variants. Scientific Reports, 7: 13858 (13 pages). (SCI, IF = 4.379, 17/73 = 23% in category: MULTIDISCIPLINARY SCIENCES) [Software] [A poster to briefly introduce this study]
21. Lin W-Y* (2016). Beyond rare-variant association testing: Pinpointing rare causal variants in case-control sequencing study. Scientific Reports, 6: 21824. [Software]
20. Lin W-Y*, Liang Y-C (2016). Conditioning adaptive combination of P-values method to analyze case-parent trios with or without population controls. Scientific Reports, 6: 28389. [Software] [R-code to analyze the GAW18 data] [Introduction by the Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health]
19. Lin W-Y* (2014). Adaptive Combination of P-values for Family-based
Association Testing with Sequence Data. PLoS ONE, 9: e115971.
18. Lin W-Y* (2014). Association Testing of Clustered Rare Causal Variants in Case-Control Studies. PLoS ONE, 9: e94337. [Software]
17. Lin W-Y*, Lou XY, Gao G, Liu N* (2014). Rare Variant Association Testing by Adaptive Combination of P-values. PLoS ONE, 9: e85728. [Software]
16. Lin W-Y, Dubuisson O, Rubicz R, Liu N, Allison DB, Curran JE, Comuzzie AG, Blangero J, Leach CT, Goring H, Dhurandhar NV* (2013). Response to Comment on: Lin et al. Long-Term Changes in Adiposity and Glycemic Control Are Associated With Past Adenovirus Infection. Diabetes Care 2013;36:701-707. Diabetes Care, 36: e162. [PMC Free Full text]
15. Lin W-Y*, Yi N, Lou XY, Zhi D, Zhang K, Gao G, Tiwari HK, Liu N* (2013). Haplotype Kernel Association Test as a Powerful Method to Identify Chromosomal Regions Harboring Uncommon Causal Variants. Genetic Epidemiology, 37: 560-570. [Software] [PMC Free Full text]
14. Lin W-Y, Dubuisson O, Rubicz R, Liu N, Allison DB, Curran JE, Comuzzie AG, Blangero J, Leach CT, Goring H, Dhurandhar NV* (2013). Long-term changes in adiposity and glycemic control are associated with past adenovirus infection. Diabetes Care, 36: 701-707. [PMC Free Full text]
13. Lin W-Y, Yi N, Zhi D, Zhang K, Gao G, Tiwari HK, Liu N* (2012). Haplotype-based methods for detecting uncommon causal variants with common SNPs. Genetic Epidemiology, 36: 572-582. [Software] [PMC Free Full text]
12. Lin W-Y, Liu N* (2012). Reducing bias of allele frequency estimates by modeling SNP genotype data with informative missingness. Frontiers in Genetics, 3: 107.
11. Lin W-Y*, Lee W-C (2012). Improving power of genome-wide association studies with weighted false discovery rate control and prioritized subset analysis. PLoS ONE, 7: e33716.
10. Lin W-Y, Tiwari HK, Gao G, Zhang K, Arcaroli JJ, Abraham E, Liu N* (2012). Similarity-based multimarker association tests for continuous traits. Annals of Human Genetics, 76: 246-260. [Software] [PMC Free Full text]
9. Lin W-Y, Lee W-C* (2012). Presenting the uncertainties of odds ratios using empirical-Bayes prediction intervals. PLoS ONE, 7: e32022.
8. Lin W-Y, Zhang B, Yi N, Gao G, Liu N* (2011). Evaluation of pooled association tests for rare variant identification. BMC Proceedings, 5 (Suppl 9): S118.
7. Lin W-Y, Lee W-C* (2011). Floating prioritized
subset analysis: a powerful method to detect differentially expressed genes. Computational
Statistics and Data Analysis, 55:
903-913. [Software] [Authors' copy of the paper]
6. Lin W-Y*, Lee W-C (2010). Discovering joint associations between disease and gene pairs with a novel similarity test. BMC Genetics, 11: 86.
5. Lin W-Y, Lee W-C* (2010). Incorporating prior knowledge to facilitate discoveries in a genome-wide association study on age-related macular degeneration. BMC Research Notes, 3: 26.
4. Lin W-Y, Schaid DJ* (2009). Power comparisons between similarity-based multilocus association methods, logistic regression, and score tests for haplotypes. Genetic Epidemiology, 33: 183-197. [PMC Free Full text]
3. Lin W-Y, Schaid DJ* (2007). Robust multipoint simultaneous
identical-by-descent mapping for two linked loci. Human Heredity, 63:
35-46. [Software] [Authors' copy of the paper]
2. Lin W-Y, Schaid DJ* (2007). Identifying single-nucleotide polymorphisms responsible for the linkage signal of rheumatoid arthritis on chromosome 6 by joint modeling of linkage and association. BMC Proceedings, 1 (Suppl 1): S40.
1. Schaid DJ*, Lin W-Y (2007). One- and two-locus models for mapping rheumatoid arthritis-susceptibility genes on chromosome 6. BMC Proceedings, 1 (Suppl 1): S103.
|(B) Collaborative Publications: (*
Return to (A) Featured Publications
|More can be found from PubMed
14. Yang S-Y*, Lin J-M, Lin W-Y, Chang C-W (2018). Cancer Risk Assessment for Occupational Exposure to Chromium and Nickel in Welding Fumes from Pipeline Construction, Pressure Container Manufacturing, and Shipyard Building in Taiwan. Journal of Occupational Health, in press.
13. Lee S-H, Tang C-H, Lin W-Y, Chen K-H, Liang H-J, Cheng T-J, Lin C-Y* (2018). LC-MS-based lipidomics to examine acute rat pulmonary responses after nano- and fine-sized ZnO particle inhalation exposure. Nanotoxicology, 12: 439-452.
12. Wu C, Chen C-H, Chen H-C, Liang H-J, Chen S-T, Lin W-Y, Wu K-Y, Chiang S-Y*, Lin C-Y* (2017). Nuclear magnetic resonance- and mass spectrometry-based metabolomics to study maleic acid toxicity from repeated dose exposure in rats. Journal of Applied Toxicology, 37: 1493-1506.
11. Pan S-Y, Chiang W-C, Chen P-M, Liu H-H, Chou Y-H, Lai T-S, Lai C-F, Chiu Y-L, Lin W-Y, Chen Y-M, Chu T-S*, Lin S-L* (2017). Restricted Use of Erythropoiesis-Stimulating Agent is Safe and Associated with Deferred Dialysis Initiation in Stage 5 Chronic Kidney Disease. Scientific Reports, 7: 44013.
10. Yang Y-H, Lin W-Y, Lee W-C* (2016). A fuzzy permutation method for false discovery rate control. Scientific Reports, 6: 28507.
9. Yan Q, Weeks DE, Tiwari HK, Yi N, Zhang K, Gao G, Lin W-Y, Lou X-Y, Chen W*, Liu N* (2016). Rare-variant kernel machine test for longitudinal data from population and family samples. Human Heredity, 80: 126-138. [PMC Free Full text]
8. Yan Q, Weeks DE, Celedón JC, Tiwari HK, Li B, Wang X, Lin W-Y, Lou X-Y, Gao G, Chen W* , Liu N* (2015). Associating multivariate quantitative phenotypes with genetic variants in family samples with a novel kernel machine regression method. Genetics, 201: 1329-1339. [PMC Free Full text]
7. Yan Q, Tiwari HK, Yi N, Gao G, Zhang K, Lin W-Y, Lou XY, Cui X, Liu N* (2015). A sequence kernel association test for dichotomous traits in family samples under a generalized linear mixed model. Human Heredity, 79: 60-68. [PMC Free Full text]
HM, Sun XW, Qi T, Lin W-Y, Liu N,
Lou XY* (2014). Multivariate dimensionality reduction approaches to
identify gene-gene and gene-environment interactions underlying multiple
complex traits. PLoS ONE, 9: e108103.
5. Yan Q, Tiwari HK, Yi N, Lin W-Y, Gao G, Lou X-Y, Cui X, Liu N* (2014). Kernel-Machine Testing Coupled with a Rank-Truncation Method for Genetic Pathway Analysis. Genetic Epidemiology, 38: 447-456. [PMC Free Full text]
4. Chen Y-M, Lin W-Y, Chan C-C* (2014). The impact of petrochemical industrialisation on life expectancy and per capita income in Taiwan: an 11-year longitudinal study. BMC Public Health, 14: 247.
3. Li P, Tiwari HK, Lin W-Y, Allison DB, Chung WK, Leibel RL, Yi N*, Liu N* (2014). Genetic Association Analysis of 30 Genes Related to Obesity in European American Population. International Journal of Obesity, 38: 724-729. [PMC Free Full text]
2. Yang Q*, Biernacka JM, Chen M-H, Houwing-Duistermaat JJ, Bergemann TL, Basu S, Fan R, Liu L, Bourgey M, Clerget-Darpoux F, Lin W-Y, Elston RC, Cupples LA* (2007). Using linkage and association to identify and model genetic effects: Summary of GAW 15 Group 4. Genetic Epidemiology, 31 Suppl 1: S34-S42.1. Ghosh S*, Babron MC, Amos CI, Briollais L, Chen P, Chen WV, Chiu YF, Drigalenko E, Etzel CJ, Hamshere ML, Holmans PA, Margaritte-Jeannin P, Lebrec JJ, Lin S, Lin W-Y, Mandhyan DD, Nishchenko I, Schaid DJ, Seguardo R, Shete S, Taylor K, Tayo BO, Wan S, Wei LY, Wu CO, Yang XR (2007). Linkage analyses of rheumatoid arthritis and related quantitative phenotypes: the GAW15 experience. Genetic Epidemiology, 31 Suppl 1: S86-S95.
Return to (A) Featured Publications