首页最新消息图书室推荐好书电子书下载联络我们

4.The Lion's Share (狮子的分配)

 

The Lion went once a-hunting along with the Fox, the Jackal, and the Wolf.

有一次狮子、狐狸、狐狼和狼一起去打猎。

They hunted and they hunted till at last they surprised a Stag, and soon took its life.

它们不停的追逐猎物,直到最后终于逮到一只受惊吓的公鹿。它们很快的把它咬死了。

Then came the question how the spoil should be divided.

但随之而来的问题是猎物怎么分配呢?

"Quarter me this Stag," roared the Lion; so the other animals skinned it and cut it into four parts.

狮子吼叫着说:“这只鹿的四分之一是我的”。 于是其它动物剥掉鹿皮,把鹿分成四份儿。

Then the Lion took his stand in front of the carcass and pronounced judgment: The first quarter is for me in my capacity as King of Beasts;

然后,狮子站在鹿的尸体旁边宣布:“第一份儿是我的,因为我是万兽之王;

the second is mine as arbiter; another sharecomes to me for my part in the chase;

第二份儿也是我的,因为我是裁判员;我参加了打猎,所以,第三份也归我。

and as for the fourth quarter, well, as for that, I should like to see which of you will dare to lay a paw upon it."

至于第四份儿吗?对于这个,呵呵⋯⋯!我倒要看看,你们哪个敢用爪子碰它”。

"Humph," grumbled the Fox as he walked away with his tail between his legs; but he spoke in a low growl

哼⋯⋯ 狐狸挟着尾巴无奈的走开了。但它愤怒地小声说:“我付出劳动,却得不到相应的报酬”。

"You may share the labours of the great,but you will not share the spoil."

故事是说:与强者只有共苦的份儿,却没有同甘的权利。
4.The Lion's Share (狮子的分配)