We welcome applications from the specified fields as follows:
1. History of Taiwan:
(1) Early History of Taiwan
(in and before the seventeenth century)
(2) Taiwan under the Qing rule
(3) Postwar Taiwan
2. Chinese History: preference to
(1) History of Middle-period China
(2) History of Liao Chin and Yuan Dynasties
(3) Qing History
(4) Modern History of China
3. World History:
(1) History of the Middle Ages
(2) Contemporary History
(3) American History
(4) Southeast Asian History
(5) South Asian History
I. Requirements: Ph. D.
II. Initial appointment will start from August 1, 2018.
III. Application materials:
- Application form (Please download from our website)
- Curriculum vitae with list of publications
- Photocopy of Ph. D. diploma
(Candidates who will receive their Ph. D. degree by July 31, 2017 can submit a formal temporary diploma issued by their university.)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Syllabi for a liberal education course (for non-majors) and a special topics course (for history majors)
- Statement of research interests
- Representative writings: seven copies of one or two academic works published after August, 2013.
- Supporting publications (if any): seven copies of works published after August, 2011.
- Proof of past/current employment (if any)
- Transcripts of master’s and doctorate degrees (or Enrollment Certificate)
- Photocopy of R.O.C. ID (both sides) (for aliens, a copy of the page in your passport with your personal particulars)
- Photocopy of Teacher Credentials (if any)
Applicants with strong commitments will be notified for an interview around December, 2017 (traveling expenses will not be compensated).
Application Deadline: All materials must be arrived before August 21, 2017, by registered airmail, to Professor Su-hsien Yang, Department of History, National Taiwan University, No. 1, Sec. 4, Roosevelt Road, Taipei, 10617 Taiwan (R.O.C.)
Faculty positions_history_NTU_Aug. 2018
Faculty Position Application form