Introduction to Computer Science
Please also note that all communications in this class
will be in English. There are a number of reasons for this:
The instructor understands that English lectures could be a problem
for some students.
After all, the purpose of taking a course is to understand the
technical material and the lecture speeches are about the most
critical material to follow.
A number of supplementary measures are taken in attempt to reducing
the degree of damage to the minimum.
- Ease of preparation: the instructor is simply more fluent in
English when it comes to technical matters.
- Awkward translation: there are too many technical terms in
computer science that are difficult to translate to make real sense.
The instructor would rather use the time for more stimulating
- First-hand information: you get an internationally-consistent view
of the technical phrases. Shall there be new networking
technologies published (often in English), you get to comprehend it
- Regular office hours are held. The instructor is available
for all of your computer questions.
- TA is available to address your questions in the
Chinese interface if you and the TA both agree.
- The undergrad students have the opportunity of withdrawing
the course late, even
after midterm. One can try and drop if it doesn't work out.
- The course, Introduction to Computer Science, is offerred every
Spring with multiple sessions. You are free to choose the
session that suits your instruction interface need.