exercise: Comedy on YouTube
Louis CK (Szekely): Everything's amazing, nobody's happy
"Give it a second!"
to go into space
the speed of light
to break down
the world owes one s.t.
he knew existed
to act like
in the 40s
the worst day of my life
to partake in
to go back
a whole different group of people
by the time
to watch a movie
to take a dump
nicer way of saying it than that
1. How does Louis CK criticize the present generation of young people?
2. Is the problem just that today's young people are spoiled, or is there something inherent in human nature that causes what Louis CK is complaining about? If so, what?
3. What does Louis CK say about his own generation? Does he seem to think they were better than this generation? Explain.
4. Give two examples where Louis CK uses exaggeration to make his point humorously.
5. What historical event is Louis CK referring to when he says, "they act like their flight was like a cattle car in the 40s in Germany."
6. What do you think is Louis CK's main point in this monologue?
7. Describe an example from your own experience for which you probably deserved the kind of criticism Louis CK makes in this video.