Cooking.com Cooking Video
How to: Make basic stuffing
Watch the video: http://www.cooking.com/techniques/video_popup.asp?stem=basic_stuffing
(I recommend using QuickTime to watch the video; Windows Media didn't work for me.)
Gordon's House of Fine Eats
any old time you want
to be stacked up
neat and tidy
to spread out
to leave out
to put something out to dry
wake up the next day
pretty (= quite)
to keep s.t. from Ving
at this point
Listening comprehension questions:
1. a. How is this kind of stuffing usually used in US cooking, and b. on what occasions is this food commonly eaten (be specific)? (Check the Internet or ask someone from the US if you aren't sure.)
2. What size and shape should the bread be?
3. a. How do you dry out the bread cubes? b. What is a second method?
4. a. How hot should the oven be in degrees Fahrenheit for the second method? b. How much is this in Celsius?
5. a. What do you sauté in the butter? b. How long should it cook?
6. What effect does salt have on sautéing vegetables?
7. a. What is "stock"? b. How do you say ¤g¥q in English?
8. What should you pay special attention to when adding the stock to the stuffing?
9. What kinds of herbs are there in "poultry seasoning"? Use the Internet. Note that there are many different versions of this herb blend.
10. Name an equivalent dish in Chinese cooking.