NPR: Yushchenko Was Poisoned, Austrian Doctors Say
Link to audio report from this page:
Viktor Yushchenko (see his name written in the Russian alphabet here)
to be poisoned with
to fall ill
Dr. Arnold Schecter
University of Texas
School of Public Health
to descend upon us
to be administered
to get into us
to be consumed
in a fashion similar to
on the campaign trail
the least bit
high could just be a drop
to consult with
once it gets
to be ready to
this quantity of
animal testing research
to be aware of
to know what one is doing
comprehension and Web search questions:
1. Who is Viktor Yushchenko?
2. What symptoms has Yushchenko been experiencing that seem to indicate that he was poisoned?
3. What connection does the interviewee, Dr. Arnold Schecter, have with Yushchenko?
4. What is dioxin, and where does it come from?
5. What is Agent Orange, and what is its connection with dioxin?
6. What are some of the ways dioxin can end up in a human body?
7. How much dioxin can be considered "a high concentration"?
8. How can one remove dioxin from the body, and how long might one continue to suffer from dioxin poisoning?
9. Who has been known to produce dioxins, and for what purpose?
10. What motives can you think there might be for someone to poison Yushchenko? Who is the most likely suspect in this case?