Mayo Clinic II
Videos: (1) Capsule endoscopy and (2) All about an allergy test
To access the videos, go to: http://www.mayoclinic.com/
and launch a 'search' using the above two titles as keywords
If the above method does not work, trying clicking here (1) and here (2).
If the above links still don't work, try these: (1) and (2).
along the way
1. In what kinds of situations is this special kind of endoscopy used?
2. What must one swallow?
3. About how long does the whole process take?
4. Where and how are the pictures which are taken by the tiny internal camera viewed?
5. What comes of the camera after it is done moving through the patient's system?
All about an allergy test
to bring under control
1. Describe the two steps taken to prepare an arm for an allergy test.
2. What is an allergen?
3. Give five examples of common allergens mentioned in the video.
4. What is done with a lancet?
5. Why is a different lancet used for each scratch?
6. What happens after 15 minutes?
7. What are wheals? What do they resemble?
8. How is the degree of allergy to an allergen determined?
9. What is the cream for?
10. About how long does the discomfort last?
11. What are three ways to deal with allergies?
12. Do you (or does someone in your family) have allergies? What are you (is he or she) allergic to? How do you (does he or she) deal with your (or his or her) allergies?