|St. Cloud State University
to turn over to
company = companionship
to broadcast live
on the 'res' = Indian reservation
Whitey, the res dog
to wipe off
to look out for
to round up
public service announcements
to reach out to
to spin CDs
|in all colors
promo (promotional) CDs
to roll in
through the mail
to actively seek out
to be mindful of
to come from the [Indian] culture
to put a human face on
area of the country
for various reasons
to find ways to deal with
it won't stop me
to be at something
1. How often and when is this radio program broadcast?
2. What are the call letters of this radio station? The frequency?
3. What is Gary Johnson Cheeseman's ethnic background? How old is he?
4. What work does Cheeseman do besides broadcast this program?
5. How did Cheeseman get started in producing this program, and how long ago did he start it? What does he get paid for doing this show?
6. What example did they give of a listener who had an emotional reaction to the program?
7. Where does Cheeseman get lots of the stories he uses on the radio?
8. What kind of animal, does Cheeseman say, will you see on any Indian reservation?
9. Why does Cheeseman need to 'wipe off the envelope'?
10. About how many non-Indians are estimated to listen to this program?
11. What is an example of a 'distinct need' of the Indian community? Why do you think this is such a major health problem?
12. What kind of music does Cheeseman play? Is it easy or difficult to find the music he plays? How do you know?
13. What kind of differences are there in musical tastes between Cheeseman's Indian and non-Indian listeners?
14. What does Cheeseman say his main goal is in doing this program?
15. What kind of problems does Cheeseman refer to?