Exercise: Popular Song
Insensitive by Jann Arden (Canadian)
|to rid||vagueness||skin||ancient history|
|body||chill||touch||to go ahead and...|
|bliss||embrace||slow||to fall for s.o.|
|glare||expression||blood||out of vogue|
|block||...that told me...||rush||out of touch|
1. Transcribe the lyrics of the song "Insensitive".
2. Answer the following listening comprehension questions.
1. What has happened to the speaker?
2. What is the problem she is expressing in the song?
3. Why does she think the other person might have some 'advice to give' her?
4. What is she really saying when she asks for 'advice'?
5. What outcome do you predict for this situation?